1. Collected Personal Information
Users who have not subscribed to KBLA can use some services provided to KBLA subscribers, such as general information of company and events related information. However, if the user subscribes to KBLA to use personalized or subscription-based services, a minimum amount of personal information, which is necessary for service use, will be collected by KBLA.
The following personal information is collected when users subscribe to KBLA.
- Name, email address, and mobile phone number are required information when an individual joins KBLA.
- Various data required for processing payments may also be required but is not maintained by KBLA after processing is completed.
The IP address, cookies, visit dates·fraudulent usage records and other service usage records, in addition to device information, may be automatically generated and collected during website use. In other words, 1) the information communications service provider may automatically generate information about the user while the user uses the services KBLA offers and may save (collect) the information.
2. Use of the Collected Personal Information
KBLA uses personal information only for purposes described below, which includes managing members and subscribers, developing, providing and improving services, and creating a safe Internet user environment.
- Personal information is used to confirm user’s intent to subscribe to KBLA, verify the user’s age and consent from the user’s legal representative verify the identity of the user and legal representative, identify the user, confirm the user’s intent to unsubscribe from KBLA, and for other subscriber management purposes.
- Personal information is used to provide existing services, including contents and advertisement, and also used to analyze demographic data, service visitations and use records, create relationships between users based on users’ personal information and areas of interest, provide customized services based on information on friends and areas of interest, and discover other elements that can be used to develop new services and/or improve existing services.
- Personal information is used to restrict users who have violated laws, regulations and KBLA’s User Agreement from using the service, prevent and restrict actions that interfere with seamless service operation, including any delinquent actions, prevent account fraud and illegal transactions, deliver notices on agreement updates, store records on dispute mediation, handle civil petitions and for other user protection and service operation purposes.
- Personal information is used to verify the user’s identity when providing premium services, make purchases and payments and to deliver product and services.
- Personal information is used to provide information on events and provide opportunities to participate, to provide advertisement and for other marketing and promotion purposes.
- Personal information is used to analyze service use records and access frequencies, calculate statistics on service use, analyze services and provide customized services based on statistics, and place advertisements.
- Personal information is used to relieve users in circumstances that involve security, privacy and safety and to build a usable service environment.
3. Destruction of Personal Information
As a rule, the KBLA destroys personal information immediately after the user unsubscribes from the service or ceases being a member.
However, personal information can be stored safely for a designated amount of time, even after the user unsubscribes, if KBLA has obtained separate consent from the user to store the personal information for a certain amount of time, or if the Company is obligated by law to store the information for a specific time period.
KBLA will obtain separate consent from the user to store their personal information for a specific time period in the following situations.
To prevent fraudulent subscriptions and misuse, records of misuse, including records on fraudulent subscriptions and disciplinary actions, are collected, stored, and destroyed after six (6) months. Mobile phone numbers that are used to verify subscriptions is included as personal information in the records of misuse.
To prevent illegal transactions and protect law-abiding users and guarantee a safe environment, records of fraudulent transactions and other actions that violate related laws, regulations or the User Agreement, will be collected, stored, and destroyed after three (3) years.
Statutes, including the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Electronic Financial Transactions Act, and the Protection of Communications Secrets Act, require KBLA to store the information for a period of time, as described below. KBLA will store the personal information for the period prescribed by law and will never use the information for other purposes.
- Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Records on subscription or withdrawal of subscription: Store for five (5) years Records on payment settlements and supply of goods: Store for five (5) years Records on customer complaints or dispute settlements: Store for three (3) years
- Electronic Financial Transactions Act Records on electronic finance: Store for five (5) years
- Protection of Communications Secrets Act Records on sign-in: Store for three (3) months