KBLA Korea Intelligence Reports
Korea Intelligence Report (KIR)
The Korea Intelligence Report (KIR) is Korea’s premier weekly intelligence report in the English language. KBLA monitors and analyzes more than 50 sources of information each week in order to bring the most relevant and insightful intelligence about the Korean business environment to you each week.
The KIR is a data-centric report drawn from original data releases by various government organs, associations, think tanks, and news organizations. The data is out there, you just need to know where to find it, how to get it, translate it, and analyze it. We do all the heavy lifting for you. This is the intelligence you always knew must exist but didn’t know how to get.
KOSPI Performance Summary
This section presents data from the Korea Exchange on Korea's most important stock index, the KOSPI. Coverage includes weekly performance and year-to-date performance.
Foreign Exchange Forecast
The Korean Won/US Dollar rate is forecast for the upcoming week's trading range. Data and forecast are provided by KEB Hana Bank, Korea's main foreign exchange bank.
Korea Business Intelligence
This section is the main section of the report, providing data and intelligence on a wide variety of business and industry-related topics. Some sample articles covered in 2018 included:
- Business Survival Rates in 2017
- KITA Trade Forecast for 2019
- Foreign Investors' Stock and Bond Investment in November 2018
- National Industrial Parks' Production, 2012-2017
- Small Business Health Index, October 2018
- Corporate Debt and Equity Issues, September 2018
- North and South Korean Energy Production
- Housing Sales, September 2018
- Aging Taxi Driver Population, 2006-2016
- Demographic Characteristics of Individuals Who Comment on Online News and Political Message Boards
- Export Business Sentiment Index, 4Q 2018
- Overseas Production for SME Manufacturers in 2018
- ICT R&D Spending through 2016
- Savings Banks' Earnings, 1H 2018
- Births in 2017
- Businesses 50 Years and Older
- Life Insurance Companies' Earnings, 1H 2018
- Korea's Share of Global Top 500 Companies by Market Cap
- Private Equity Fund Investment, 2017
- Media Usage for 9-24 Year-Olds, 2011-2017
The Korea Economics sections focuses on economic data produced by the Bank of Korea and other economic agencies and entities in Korea. Some sample data provided in 2018 included:
- Economically Active Population, July 2018
- Producer Price Index, July 2018
- BOK Recent Economic Developments
- Consumer Price Index, August 2018
- Real GDP, 2Q 2018
- Monthly Industrial Statistics, August 2018
- Business Survey Index and Economic Sentiment Index for September 2018
- Index of Services, August 2018
The Legal Analysis section provides legal analysis from some of Korea's top law firms on important emerging legal issues in Korea. Some sample topics in 2018 included:
- Recent Changes to the Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment Opportunity andWork-Family Balance Assistance Act (“Equal Employment Act”), the Disability Employment Act, Etc.
- Legislation and Judiciary Committee Approves Draft Amendment to the Special Act on Fostering and Support of Pharmaceutical Industry
- KFTC Announces Draft Bill for Full Scale Reform of Monopoly Regulation and Fair Trade Act
- Amendments to Korea's Major Data Protection and Privacy Laws Proposed
New Proposed Legislation
This section takes data from Korea's Ombudsmen and presents currently proposed legislation that is still in the public review and comment period, allowing you to address possible issues before they become laws.
Download a full sample of the Korea Intelligence Report as a PDF.
The KIR is published 3 times per month, on Wednesdays or Thursdays (Korea Time), and delivered in the body of an HTML newsletter email.
A monthly subscription to the KBLA Korea Intelligence Report costs KRW660,000 per month (VAT included).
The Korea Daybook is your indispensable guide to business-related events in Korea.
The Korea Daybook covers a variety of events from a variety of organizations, including chambers of commerce events, conventions, exhibitions, and other events of interest to those doing business in Korea.
Some of the organizations events we cover include:
- Korea Business Leaders Alliance (KBLA)
- American Chamber of Commerce in Korea (AMCHAM)
- British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK)
- Indian Chamber of Commerce in Korea (ICCK)
- Korean German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KGCCI)
- The Kiwi Chamber
- European Chamber of Commerce in Korea (ECCK)
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Korea (CanCham)
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Korea (ESCCK)
- Korea Foreign Company Association (FORCA)
- French Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI)
The Korea Daybook is published twice per month and delivered as an email newsletter.
The Korea Daybook is available free of charge for all KBLA Members.